CURRENT OPENINGS, HQ
Department: Global Press Journal
Location: Washington D.C.
Compensation: Base salary: $50,000 – 60,000 DOE, health, vision dental, matching 401k
Deadline to receive applications: February 28, 2019
Start date: March 2019
Are you an early career journalist or editor who is ready to take on an important support role in an innovative, ethical newsroom that is reimagining journalism in the world’s least-covered markets?
Then apply to be the Global Press Journal Associate Editor.
We are looking for an editor with excellent line editing skills to collaborate with Global Press Journal editors and reporters in more than 40 independent news bureaus, from Sri Lanka to Sierra Leone, to create world-class international journalism every day.
As the Associate Editor you will:
• Support daily news production by line editing stories and producing context-rich companion assets
• Strengthen overall story concepts through high-level line editing
• Collaborate with global team members to create positive and engaging daily news meetings
• Develop deep expertise in Global Press Style
• Collaborate with the Creative Team to ensure that stories are always paired with dignified visual elements
• Be an engaged, confident and collaborative contributor of fresh ideas
• Enthusiastically pursue professional development opportunities, growing your skills to meet Global Press Journal’s needs
The other important stuff:
You should be practiced in traditional editorial processes with a minimum of two years of newsroom experience. You must have a strong writing background with deep expertise in grammar, syntax, AP Style and a keen interest in learning Global Press Style and values. It’s important that you are comfortable working across cultures and can embrace our unique definition of news value.
Candidate with previous international experience and language skills will be prioritized.
Global Press is an innovative and ethical media company that has been growing at a steady and sustainable pace for the last 13 years. We seek out diverse team members who are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation.
Write a brief cover letter in the body of an email explaining why you are the right person for the job. Attach your CV. All emails should be sent to [email protected] with the subject Associate Editor. We will acknowledge receipt, but only select candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Photo at top by Amanda Hill, Global Press Journal Tribal Nations