This position is open.
Department: Global Press
Location: Remote, within the United States
Compensation: Base salary: $60,000 – 65,000 DOE, plus Global Press’ full suite of benefits including health/vision/dental (100% covered), matching 401k, unlimited PTO.
Deadline to receive applications: January 8, 2021
Start date: February 2021
The development associate works with the CEO to raise money and elevate brand awareness to support the mission and vision of Global Press. The successful candidate will be organized, passionate and have previous fundraising and Salesforce experience. All candidates should have experience managing projects, events and schedules, multitasking and using critical thinking to create productive systems.
Responsible for messaging about the organization to high-value stakeholders, the development associate must be an exceptional overall communicator who thrives under pressure and loves big-vision projects. Like all Global Press employees, the development associate must be able to think big and work small, focusing on both strategy and details simultaneously.
Global Press is an employee-centered workplace that prioritizes employee wellness in a diverse, challenging, creative, humor-filled environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Collaborate with the CEO to implement the annual development strategy, which guides the growth and trajectory of the organization’s revenue operations
• Implement the annual brand awareness strategy to ensure key team members are speaking at industry-leading conferences and convenings
• Create impact reports that track and measure the impact of Global Press journalism across the world
• Leverage the GLG fellowship program to access key insights and opportunities related to development, impact tracking and philanthropic trends
• Collaborate with the Business Development Associate to leverage content partnership and donor partnership opportunities to elevate brand awareness
• Organize and manage all partnership data, migrating key data from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce
• Manage the Salesforce database to track all philanthropic partnerships, opportunities and pipelines
• Complete regular prospect briefs to prepare Global Press leadership for high-value partnership meetings and funding opportunities
• Manage monitoring and evaluation projects
• Lead virtual event planning activities, especially in 2021, which is Global Press’ 15th anniversary
• Seek out brand opportunities for Global Press such as awards, speaking events or conferences to increase brand awareness and reputation
• Collaborate with the Global Operations Administrator to assist with annual award applications for organizational, individual and editorial nominations
• Represent Global Press at events, conferences and networking opportunities (likely virtual in 2021)
• Manage the grant reporting calendar, writing clean, powerful drafts and collaborating with key team members to collect impact metrics
• Write internal and external messaging language, to be designed by the creative director, to deliver accurate, informed narratives about the organization to key stakeholders
• Assist the leadership team with quarterly OKR update documents to ensure the staff has a clear picture of progress toward goals and opportunities
• Oversee the partner thank you program
• Manage the CEO’s calendar, scheduling donor and prospect meetings to maximize donor and cultivation opportunities
• Maintain accurate and inspired language on all Global Press platforms
• Act as the staff liaison with the board of directors to ensure timely, well-run meetings and meaningful board engagement
• Create clear, concise reports on organizational projects, operations and initiatives to assist in grant writing and board/donor updates
Core Attributes: The development associate will serve as the deputy to the CEO, the organization’s primary fundraiser. The successful candidate will be:
• A project-minded person who is able to think through complex tasks to achieve exceptional results
• A persuasive writer with pristine grammar
• A practiced professional who can meet deadlines under pressure
• A trusted liaison who can maximize partnerships and relationships
• A strong verbal communicator and exceptional messenger who understands the vision and values of Global Press
• A confident team member who can manage up and laterally to get things done
The successful candidate will have at least 4 years of prior experience working as a fundraiser or to support philanthropic revenue generation, ideally in a global context. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a track record of exceptional written and oral communications and organizational skills. Candidates should have ample evidence of past contributions to successful fundraising efforts, systems-level thinking that yielded strong results in a previous role. Candidates should expect to exercise discretion and maintain a host of confidential information.
Global Press is an innovative and ethical media company that has been growing at a steady and sustainable pace for the last 15 years. We seek out diverse team members who are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation.
Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by January 8, 2021. In your cover letter, detail your understanding of the Global Press mission and how your experience in fundraising can help propel the organization to the next level.
All emails should include the subject line Global Press Development Associate.
*Note: Global Press is also hiring for a Business Development Associate. Do not apply for both positions. They require significantly different skills and experiences.
Photo at top by Shilu Manandhar, Global Press Journal Nepal