This position is closed.
Department: Global Press Journal
Location: Washington D.C.
Compensation: Base salary:$55,000 – 70,000, DOE health, vision, dental, matching 401k
Deadline to receive applications: July 15, 2019
Start date: August 2019
Global Press Journal is looking for an innovative, collaborative Engagement Producer to create high-impact story assets that drive story engagement and brand awareness across platforms.
You might be our Engagement Producer if you:
• Relish the opportunity to create and produce beautiful story assets, from designing Instagram stories to creating graphs and timelines
• Are a brainstorming wizard who loves ideas and collaboration
• Stay on top of the latest social platform trends
• Have a track record of creating and executing high-performing engagement strategies
• Want to work with talented reporters around the world, from Argentina to Zimbabwe, to tell world-changing stories
Above all, the Engagement Producer must be a world-class content creator and a passionate reader advocate.
• Contribute ideas in daily news meetings
• Produce story assets and social-only content to increase engagement on daily stories
• Design and implement story layouts to drive readership and engagement on every story
• Uphold the strong visual standards of Global Press by creating beautiful, dignity-driven assets
• Review headlines and visual elements of stories as appropriate to maximize audience engagement on all platforms
• Iterate, test and experiment with content to maximize the long lifespan of Global Press Journal stories
• Find opportunities to highlight context with videos, behind-the-scenes content, graphics, sidebars and social posts to help readers understand global trends and long-term consequences
• Study readership trends to find new opportunities
• Collaborate with reporters and editors to produce social-only content, including videos, graphics and Instagram stories that will amplify reach and engagement
• Produce a weekly newsletter designed to further engage loyal audiences and take them behind the scenes to better understand our work
• Build story assets into WordPress to ensure accuracy and visual standards are met
• Implement an innovative social media strategy and leverage key Global Press assets to engage audiences and communicate the vision and values of our work
• Write clear, accurate, engaging social posts to attract audiences to Global Press Journal content across platforms
• Produce social-only content for specific stories
• Work with Global Press team members to grow their own social followings
• Leverage analytics to better understand audience insights
• Develop a process and criteria for reader response and engagement on all platforms and in multiple languages
• Develop a consistent, aligned voice and tone across all Global Press platforms
• Collaborate with global team members to ensure that stories reach high-impact audiences in local communities and in the U.S.
• Develop values-aligned analytics and SEO metric reports
• Improve on existing platforms and experiment with emerging platforms in local and global markets
• Collaborate with Global Press leadership to create readership surveys and industry-leading impact metrics
The other important stuff:
The successful candidate will have at least two years of professional newsroom experience and expertise in using multiple platforms.
As the Engagement Producer, you will be newsroom leader and an innovator. We want you to bring the skills you’ve used elsewhere and apply them in global markets to achieve maximum impact. You must have a strong writing background and a keen interest to learn Global Press Style and values. Global Press requires candidates to take a writing and grammar assessment. It’s important that you are comfortable working across cultures and can embrace our unique definition of news value. You must be a creative and capable content producer with top-notch video, design, graphic and web skills.
Global Press is an innovative and ethical media company that has been growing at a steady and sustainable pace for the last 13 years. We seek out diverse team members who are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation.
Write a brief cover letter in the body of an email that explains why you are the right person for this job. Attach your CV. All emails should be sent to [email protected] with the subject Engagement Producer. We will acknowledge receipt, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To learn more about Global Press, visit GlobalPress.co and read our 2018 Annual Report here.
Illustration at the top by Zoe van Dijk for Global Press Journal