CURRENT GPAN OPENINGS
Spanish, French, and English-Language Fact Checkers
Global Press is seeking Spanish, French, and English-language fact checkers to join our Global Press Accuracy Network (GPAN) and work closely with editors and reporters to ensure accurate, ethical stories.
Fact checkers are paid $150/article and $10/feature photo and typically receive 24-28 hour deadlines.
GPAN work is remote.
• Must have 2-3 years of professional fact checking or research experience.
• Fluency in Spanish, French or English required. (Spanish- and French-language fact checkers must also be fluent in English)
• Experience fact checking for a local-language publication is a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
• Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
• Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
• Are willing to challenge the 24-hour news cycle and stereotypical definitions of international news value
• Believe in the power of local women journalists to write and report undiscovered, high-quality human stories to change our world
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and always aim to be better than they were yesterday
• Strive for 100% accuracy in every assignment
How to Apply:
If you think you are a good fit for Global Press, and are interested in applying to join the Global Press Accuracy Network as a fact checker, please email a resume, cover letter, and your availability to [email protected] with the subject heading Spanish-Language Fact Checker, French-Language Fact Checker or English-Language Fact Checker.
Photo at top by Lucila Pellettieri, GPJ Argentina