Global Audience Manager
Department: Global Press Journal
Location: Washington D.C.
Compensation: Base salary: $60,000 – 75,000 DOE, health, vision, dental, matching 401k
Deadline to receive applications: February 28, 2019
Start date: March 2019
Global Press Journal is looking for an innovative, collaborative Global Audience Manager to reposition its social strategy to catapult brand awareness to the next level.
At Global Press, we believe that an engaged audience is a key ingredient to building a better and more informed world. We operate independent news bureaus in some of the world’s least-covered places, including Democratic Republic of Congo, Haiti and Nepal. We know that our stories increase access to information and elevate global awareness. We don’t care about vanity analytics. We’re looking for a data-minded Global Audience Manager to help us measure what matters to boost brand awareness and grow global audience engagement.
• Develop an innovative social media strategy based on local and global audience insights
• Develop a consistent, aligned voice and tone across all Global Press platforms
• Collaborate with global team members to ensure that stories reach high-impact audiences in local communities and in the U.S.
• Develop values-aligned analytics and SEO metric reports
• Improve on existing platforms and experiment with emerging platforms in local and global markets
• Optimize social media management platform, posting schedule and content elements
• Work with Global Press Journal editors and reporters from pitch to production to ensure that posts across platforms are accurate, dignified and compelling
• Review headlines and visual elements of stories as appropriate to maximize audience engagement on all platforms
• Develop a process and criteria for reader response and engagement on all platforms and in multiple languages
• Collaborate with the newsroom to translate analytics into actionable editorial strategy
• Iterate, test and experiment with stories to maximize the long lifespan of Global Press Journal stories
• Collaborate with reporters and editors to produce social-only content, including videos and Instagram stories, to amplify reach and engagement
• Produce a weekly newsletter designed to further engage loyal audiences and take them behind-the-scenes to better understand our work
• Write clear, accurate, engaging social posts to attract audiences to Global Press Journal content across platforms (*Note: Global Press requires candidates to take a writing assessment.)
• Build story assets into WordPress to ensure that accuracy and visual standards are met
• Find opportunities to create context with sidebars and social posts to help readers understand global trends and long-term consequences
The other important stuff:
The successful candidate will have at least two years of newsroom experience and expertise in using multiple platforms.
As the Global Audience Manager, you will be a newsroom leader and an innovator. We want you to bring the skills you’ve used elsewhere and apply them in global markets to achieve maximum impact. You must have a strong writing background with deep expertise in grammar, syntax, AP Style and a keen interest in learning Global Press Style and values. It’s important that you are comfortable working across cultures and can embrace our unique definition of news value.
Global Press is an innovative and ethical media company that has been growing at a steady and sustainable pace for the last 13 years. We seek out diverse team members who are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation.
Write a brief cover letter in the body of an email that explains why you are the right person for this job. Attach your CV. All emails should be sent to [email protected] with the subject Global Audience Manager. We will acknowledge receipt, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Photo at top by Mayela Sanchez, Global Press Journal Mexico