CURRENT GPAN OPENINGS
Illustrators and Designers
We’re hiring accuracy professionals around the world!
Members of the GPAN are paid per piece and are typically given 24-48 hour deadlines. GPAN members specify the amount of work they are looking for, and work closely with Global Press’ assignment editor, lead editors and reporters during the editorial process. All GPAN work can be done remotely. GPAN members based in Washington D.C. or a Global Press bureau location are welcome (and encouraged!) to work with the local team.
Think you have what it takes?
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
• Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
• Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
• Are willing to challenge the 24-hour news cycle and stereotypical definitions of international news value
• Believe in the power of local women journalists to write and report undiscovered, high-quality human stories to change our world
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and always aim to be better than they were yesterday
Global Press is looking to expand our visual footprint by recruiting freelance illustrators and interactive designers to join the Global Press Accuracy Network.
Interactive designers will be tasked with creating data visualizations, animations, maps, interactive graphics and other multimedia presentations to further the stories told through the Global Press Journal. Illustrators will be expected to take complex stories and turn them into conceptual ideas that translate locally where the story is based as well as internationally. Anyone hired to create visuals for the GPJ should be willing to work with a team of editors to come up with the best solution for any given story.
If you think you are a good fit for Global Press, and are interested in applying to join the Global Press Accuracy Network, please email a resume, availability, a letter of interest to [email protected]
Illustration at top by Zoe van Dijk for Global Press Journal