Instructional Designer & eLearning Developer
Department: Global Press Institute
Location: Remote within the United States
Compensation: Initial contract for two modules with opportunity to transition to a more extensive contract.
Deadline to receive applications: March 25, 2021 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis)
About Global Press:
Global Press is an international media organization with 15 years of experience training and employing local female journalists in the world’s least-covered places. At Global Press Institute (GPI), the training division of Global Press, reporters gain world-class journalism skills including reporting methods, photojournalism and ethical decision-making. All training graduates go on to produce news stories and photography for Global Press Journal, an award-winning, multilingual news site.
About The Project:
Global Press Institute is building a new virtual learning platform to convert dozens of core curriculum and professional development modules into engaging, impactful eLearning courses for new and existing reporters. The platform will offer learning paths for multi-level training and integrate high-impact practices for learner engagement.
We’re looking for an instructional designer who is also an eLearning developer with experience in cross-cultural adult learning methodologies and expertise in creating engaging, high-impact eLearning materials. The successful candidate(s) must have a track record of using eLearning authoring tools and creating exceptional online learning experiences. The Designer/Developer will collaborate with Global Press’ training, creative and technical teams to build the new virtual learning platform, offering inputs on in-built engagement, assessment and collaboration points in the LMS.
• Design and develop online learning modules for reporters based on existing classroom curricula
• Level curricula for beginning, intermediate and advanced learners
• Develop the modules for the LMS that advance adult eLearning and stay true to Global Press values
• Collaborate with the Global Press creative team to ensure modules have the look and feel of Global Press
• Collaborate with the translation team to ensure all modules are available and accessible in each Global Press language (English, French, Mongolian, Nepali, Spanish, Tamil)
• Test online modules to ensure they are functional and impactful
• 3+ of proven work experience in instructional design with a strong portfolio created using instructional design authoring tools. (Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education preferred)
• Excellent knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design techniques for engaging adults in online learning
• Proven ability to use eLearning authoring tools (such as Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate)
• Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat or equivalent and MS Office)
• Must be an exceptional communicator who is detail-oriented and highly organized
• Experience in instructional design and development for global learners will be an advantage
About the Hiring Process:
After a multi-step interview process, one or more successful candidates will be invited to develop two training modules (paid) in spring 2021. Exceptional instructional designer(s) will then receive larger contracts to transition the remaining materials to eLearning modules in spring/summer 2021.
Global Press is an innovative and ethical media company that has been growing at a steady and sustainable pace for the last 15 years. We seek out diverse team members who thrive in a diverse, challenging, creative, humor-filled environment.
Send a resume and cover letter outlining why you are the ideal candidate for this job based on your past experience, skill set and interests. Also include links to your online portfolio or PDFs of three eLearning modules where you served as the lead designer/developer. Send these to [email protected] with the subject Instructional Designer & eLearning Developer by March 25 (applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis).
Note: Global Press cannot confirm receipt of each application. Successful candidates will be contacted by email.
Photo at top by Lucila Pellettieri Global Press Journal Argentina