CURRENT GPAN OPENINGS
Mongolian to English Translator
We’re hiring a Mongolian to English Translator!
Global Press is recruiting freelance Mongolian to English translators to join the Global Press Accuracy Network (GPAN). Global Press Journal reporters work in the least-covered parts of the world and speak dozens of languages. We currently publish in five languages and syndicate our news to dozens of countries. We’re recruiting expert translators to serve our local language audiences. We consider native language and fluency language to be different, and recruit positions accordingly.
All candidates for this role must be fluent in Mongolian, and have native English proficiency and 1+ years of professional translation experience in journalism.
Translators are part of the Global Press Accuracy Network. GPAN members are paid per piece and are typically given 24-48 hour deadlines. GPAN members specify the amount of work they are looking for and work closely with Global Press’ standards editor, lead editors and reporters during the editorial process. Global Press hires translators to translate into their native language. For this role, translators will only be asked to translate from Mongolian to English. All GPAN work can be done remotely.
Think you have what it takes? Then apply to be a freelance translator for Global Press!
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
• Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
• Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
• Are willing to challenge the 24-hour news cycle and stereotypical definitions of international news value
• Believe in the power of local women journalists to write and report undiscovered, high-quality human stories to change our world
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and always aim to be better than they were yesterday
• Strive for 100% accuracy in every assignment
How to Apply:
Write a brief cover letter in the body of an email introducing yourself, attach your CV and email to [email protected] with the subject heading Translator: Mongolian to English
Photo at top by Odonchimeg Batsukh, GPJ Mongolia