CURRENT GPAN OPENINGS
Mongolian Fact Checker
Global Press is recruiting an expert freelance fact checker with English-language, Mongolian-language and research skills to join the Global Press Accuracy Network (GPAN).
Members of the GPAN are paid per piece and are typically given 24-48 hour deadlines. GPAN members specify the amount of work they are looking for, and work closely with Global Press’ assignment editor, lead editors and reporters during the editorial process.
All GPAN work can be done remotely.
Think you have what it takes? Then apply to be a freelance factchecker with Global Press!
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
• Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
• Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
• Are willing to challenge the 24-hour news cycle and stereotypical definitions of international news value
• Believe in the power of local women journalists to write and report undiscovered, high-quality human stories to change our world
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and always aim to be better than they were yesterday
We are looking for a fact checker who has:
• 2-3 years of professional fact checking or research experience
• Fluency in Mongolian and English languages
Experience in fact checking for a local-language publication will be a plus.
How to Apply:
Write a brief cover letter in the body of an email introducing yourself, attach your CV and email to [email protected] with the subject heading Mongolian Fact Checker
Deadline to receive applications: May 24, 2020
Photo at top by Odonchimeg Batsukh, GPJ Mongolia