CURRENT GPAN OPENINGS
Global Press is hiring a Mongolian Interpreter to interpret conversations between English-speaking and Mongolian-speaking Global Press team members.
Interpreters are part of our Global Press Accuracy Network. Interpreters are paid in 30-minute increments and are typically given a minimum of 24 hours notice for any interpretation needs. GPAN members specify the amount of work they are looking for, and work closely with Global Press’ assignment editor, lead editors and reporters. All GPAN work can be done remotely.
Think you have what it takes? Then apply to be a freelance interpreter for Global Press!
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
• Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
• Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
• Are willing to challenge the 24-hour news cycle and stereotypical definitions of international news value
• Believe in the power of local women journalists to write and report undiscovered, high-quality human stories to change our world
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and always aim to be better than they were yesterday
We are looking for interpreters who have:
• Exceptional Mongolian and English language skills.
• A minimum 1+ years of professional interpretation experience.
How to Apply:
Write a brief cover letter in the body of an email introducing yourself, attach your CV and email to [email protected] with the subject heading Mongolian Interpreter.
Deadline to receive applications: May 24, 2020
Photo at top by Odonchimeg Batsukh, GPJ Mongolia