CURRENT GPAN OPENINGS
Non-English Language Copy Editors
We’re hiring accuracy professionals around the world!
Members of the GPAN are paid per piece and are typically given 24-48 hour deadlines. GPAN members specify the amount of work they are looking for, and work closely with Global Press’ assignment editor, lead editors and reporters during the editorial process. All GPAN work can be done remotely. GPAN members based in Washington D.C. or a Global Press bureau location are welcome (and encouraged!) to work with the local team.
Think you have what it takes?
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
• Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
• Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
• Are willing to challenge the 24-hour news cycle and stereotypical definitions of international news value
• Believe in the power of local women journalists to write and report undiscovered, high-quality human stories to change our world
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and always aim to be better than they were yesterday
Global Press is recruiting freelance non-English language copy editors to join the network. Global Press copy editors are essential to Global Press’ mission to produce accurate, ethical and locally-sourced news for local and global audiences. Must have 2-3 years of professional copy editing experience. Fluency in local language and English required. Copy editors will be tasked with editing news articles for publication, ensuring proper local language grammar, sentence structure, spelling and news writing style. Global Press is currently recruiting for the following copy editors:
• French language copy editor
• Nepali language copy editor
• Sinhala language copy editor
• Spanish language copy editor
• Tamil language copy editor
• Urdu language copy editor
If you think you are a good fit for Global Press, and are interested in applying to join the Global Press Accuracy Network, please email a resume, availability, a letter of interest to [email protected]
Illustration at top by Zoe van Dijk for Global Press Journal