Partnerships & Impact Manager
Department: Global Press Institute
Location: Washington D.C.
Compensation: $60,000 base, plus full suite of Global Press benefits
Deadline to receive applications: December 15, 2019
Start date: January 13, 2020
The Partnership & Impact Manager works across the Global Press brands to advance our mission by stewarding partnerships and overseeing M&E activities. The successful candidate must be organized, research-minded and passionate about our mission and vision. They should have previous experience managing projects and schedules, multitasking and using critical thinking to create productive systems.
Responsible for messaging about the organization to high-value stakeholders, the successful candidate must be an exceptional overall communicator who thrives under pressure and loves big-vision projects. Like all Global Press employees, the partnerships and impact manager must be able to think big and work small, focusing on both strategy and details simultaneously.
Global Press is an employee-centered workplace that prioritizes employee wellness in a diverse, challenging, creative, humor-filled environment.
Description of Duties
• Collaborate with the CEO and COO to implement the annual development strategy, which guides the growth and trajectory of the organization’s revenue operations
• Co-design and implement annual brand awareness strategy to ensure key team members are speaking at industry-leading conferences and convenings
• Implement a global meeting strategy to ensure that the ever-growing Global Press team is informed and engaged in Global Press opportunities and initiatives
• Collaborate with the CEO and COO to create a new M&E strategy that includes impact reports to track and measure the impact of Global Press journalism across the world
• Manage activity on all philanthropic, earned revenue, in-kind, brand and syndication partnerships in collaboration with the CEO and COO
• Collaborate with the Business Development Manager to ensure metrics and data are effectively tracked on product sales and partnership impact
• Complete regular prospect briefs to prepare Global Press leadership for high-value partnership meetings and opportunities
• Manage all global monitoring and evaluation projects, which may require travel
• Organize and manage all partnership data using the Global Press CRM, migrating all org data to Salesforce
• Participate in event design and implementation
• Lead the annual award application processes for organizational, individual and editorial nominations
• Source brand opportunities for Global Press such as awards, speaking events or conferences and formalize 1-5 major opportunities to increase brand awareness and reputation
• Identify and source client opportunities (adoption and replication) based on GPNS products and services
• Represent Global Press at events, conferences and networking opportunities as needed
• Create internal and external messaging documents to deliver accurate, informed narratives about the organization
• Assist the leadership team with quarterly OKR update documents to ensure the staff has a clear picture of progress toward goals and opportunities related to the new strategic plan
• Oversee the partner thank you program
• Manage a highly responsive scheduling process to ensure the CEO is maximizing donor and cultivation opportunities
• Perform regular data audits to pro-actively validate the data quality
• Manage organizational document storage across platforms
• Maintain accurate and inspired language on GlobalPress.co
• Act as the staff liaison with the board of directors to ensure timely, well-run meetings
• Act as the staff liaison with the GLG fellowship program, ensuring the platform is well-used and appropriately leveraged
• Act as the staff liaison with some formal University internship and fellowship programs.
• Create clear, concise reports on organizational projects, operations and initiatives to assist in grant and board/donor updates
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience working as a project manager or development associate in a global context. Candidates must have experience managing org data in a CRM. Candidates must be able to demonstrate a track record of exceptional written and oral communications and organizational skills. Candidates should have ample evidence of past contributions to systems-level thinking that yielded valuable results. Candidates should expect to exercise discretion and maintain a host of confidential information.
Ready to apply?
Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by December 15 with the subject line Partnerships and Impact Manager. In your cover letter, detail your understanding of the Global Press mission and how your unique skill set and past experience can help propel the organization to the next level.
We will acknowledge receipt, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
To learn more about Global Press, visit GlobalPress.co and read our 2018 Annual Report here.
Photo at the top by Prudence Phiri, GPJ Zambia