CURRENT OPENINGS, HQ
Photo Editing Intern
Department: Global Press Journal
Location: Washington D.C.
Compensation: $500/month stipend, Course Credit
Deadline to receive applications: April 26, 2019
Start date: Summer 2019
Global Press Journal is looking for an organized, collaborative Photo Editing Intern to join our growing creative team.
The Global Press Journal visuals team coaches reporters to create one-of-a-kind images that allow our readers to see the world differently. The Photo Editing Intern will work directly with the Visuals Editor to organize and edit photos from our reporters around the world.
• Receive and organize dozens of photos from reporters around the world daily
• Work with the visuals editor to complete post-production work on photos for Global Press platforms
• Manage incoming photo content using the Global Press CMS and keep yourself organized using spreadsheets or other means to ensure that every image is where it needs to be
• Work with reporters to shoot supplementary photos for behind-the-scenes and social content
• Collaborate with the creative team to give feedback to reporters
The other important stuff:
The Photo Editing Intern must be available to work 30 hours per week during the 12-week internship period between May and September. This internship requires a highly detail-oriented individual.
You must have strong photo editing with exceptional written and oral communication skills. Candidates should be comfortable with AP Style and have a keen interest to learn Global Press Style and values. It’s important that you are comfortable working across cultures and can embrace our unique definition of news value.
Global Press is an innovative and ethical media company that has been growing at a steady and sustainable pace for the last 13 years. We seek out diverse team members who are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation.
Write a brief cover letter in the body of an email that explains why you are the right person for this job. Attach your CV. All emails should be sent to [email protected] with the subject Photo Editing Intern. We will acknowledge receipt, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Want to learn more about our 13-year history of growth and success? Click here to check out our 2018 Annual Report.
Photo at top by Marissa Revilla, GPJ Mexico