CURRENT OPENINGS, HQ
Social Media Intern
Department: Global Press Journal
Location: Washington D.C.
Compensation: $500/month stipend, Course Credit
Deadline to receive applications: April 19, 2019
Start date: Summer 2019
Global Press Journal is looking for an innovative, collaborative Social Media Intern to join our growing creative team.
At Global Press, we believe that an engaged audience is a key ingredient to building a better and more informed world. The Social Media Intern will work directly with the Global Audience Manager to create and implement social campaigns across our digital platforms.
• Assist with posting Global Press Journal content to social media channels
• Work with the Global Audience Manager to track key analytics across platforms and produce a weekly report to distribute to staff
• Work with GPJ reporters around the globe to produce social-only content, including Instagram stories
• Monitor reader engagement across platforms and notify proper team members when a response to a reader comment or question is needed
• Collaborate with newsroom leaders to develop a process for extending the life of archive content on social media platforms
The other important stuff:
The Social Media Intern must be available to work 30 hours per week during the 12-week internship period between May and September. This internship requires a highly detail-oriented individual.
You must have strong writing background with exceptional written and oral communication skills. Candidates should be comfortable with AP Style and have a keen interest to learn Global Press Style and values. It’s important that you are comfortable working across cultures and can embrace our unique definition of news value.
Global Press is an innovative and ethical media company that has been growing at a steady and sustainable pace for the last 13 years. We seek out diverse team members who are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation.
Write a brief cover letter in the body of an email that explains why you are the right person for this job. Attach your CV. All emails should be sent to [email protected] with the subject Social Media Intern. We will acknowledge receipt, but only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Want to learn more about our 13-year history of growth and success? Click here to check out our 2018 Annual Report.
Photo at top by Marissa Revilla, GPJ Mexico