CURRENT GPAN OPENINGS
We’re hiring accuracy professionals around the world!
Members of the GPAN are paid per piece and are typically given 24-48 hour deadlines. GPAN members specify the amount of work they are looking for, and work closely with Global Press’ assignment editor, lead editors and reporters during the editorial process. All GPAN work can be done remotely. GPAN members based in Washington D.C. or a Global Press bureau location are welcome (and encouraged!) to work with the local team.
Think you have what it takes?
Global Press is a diverse and thriving international media organization that seeks out team members who:
• Are equally committed to journalistic tradition and journalistic innovation
• Employ discipline, generosity and humor in their daily work
• Are willing to challenge the 24-hour news cycle and stereotypical definitions of international news value
• Believe in the power of local women journalists to write and report undiscovered, high-quality human stories to change our world
• Thrive in a collaborative environment where team members can be honest with one another and always aim to be better than they were yesterday
Global Press is recruiting freelance translators to join the network. Global Press works in the least-covered parts of the world. Our reporters speak dozens of languages. We currently publish in five languages and syndicate our news to dozens of countries. We’re recruiting expert translators to serve our local language audiences. We consider native language and fluency language to be different and recruit positions accordingly. Must have 1+ years of professional translation experience in journalism. Global Press is currently recruiting translators for:
• Haitian Creole-English
If you think you are a good fit for Global Press, and are interested in applying to join the Global Press Accuracy Network, please email a resume, availability, a letter of interest to [email protected]
Illustration at top by Zoe van Dijk for Global Press Journal