Multiple Positions Available.
Department: Global Press, Duty of Care
Status: Contract, On-Call
Compensation: Hourly, per session
Deadline to receive applications: January 25, 2021
Start date: February 2021
About the Global Press Wellness Network:
Global Press operates an industry-leading and award-winning Duty of Care program that offers resources for our global network of female journalists to maintain robust physical, emotional, digital and legal security. The Global Press Wellness Network is made up of a group of counselors and mental healthcare practitioners who provide on-call virtual counseling or wellness coaching sessions to reporters around the world.
How it works:
Global Press Journal, the news publication of Global Press, operates more than 40 independent news bureaus in some of the world’s least-covered places. All Global Press Journal reporters are local women and professional journalists who cover the communities in which they live with dignified, precise news that reaches an audience of millions every month. All reporters receive strong salaries, health benefits, paid family leave and access to the Global Press Wellness Network.
After passing our screening process, counselors become active in the network and are eligible to receive referrals (on average, between 1 and 10 sessions per month.)
Reporters who request sessions (an unlimited number is paid for by Global Press) are paired with an approved, licensed counselor who has topical, regional or linguistic expertise to assist the reporter. Counselors must keep robust (confidential) notes, offer culturally appropriate support and design collaborative treatment approaches with reporters. Counselors bill per session on a monthly cycle.
Global Press is looking for licensed, qualified wellness professionals with international backgrounds or work experience to grow our Global Press Wellness Network, which provides exceptional mental health services to our team of journalists around the world.
All Global Press Wellness Counselors must offer culturally responsive and trauma-informed care. They must have culturally diverse experience to ensure that treatment approaches are locally appropriate. Previous teletherapy experience is preferred.
Global Press is an employee-centered workplace that prioritizes employee wellness in a diverse, challenging, creative, humor-filled environment.
• Respond to scheduling requests from reporters within 24 hours
• Facilitate intake sessions for new referrals
• Develop individualized, therapeutic treatment plans using evidence-based practices to respond to the needs of professional, female journalists who have requested sessions due to stress, anxiety, secondary trauma or other issues impacting their well-being
• Ensure that treatment plans and modalities are adaptive and respond appropriately to reporters’ cultural backgrounds, languages, and experiences
• Maintain confidentiality and detailed client records
• Submit monthly invoices to Global Press for all facilitated sessions
Global Press Wellness Network clinicians must:
• Be licensed in the country where they live
•. Hold a Masters degree (or equivalent) in psychology, psychiatry, counseling, social work, or related field
• Have at least three years of counseling/therapy experience working with individuals
• Have experience facilitating teletherapy or remote treatment sessions
• Have the ability to provide counseling sessions outside of normal business hours (to accommodate time zone differences and reporter needs)
•. Have therapeutic experience and background in treating complex stress and trauma
•. Have experience working with individuals from different cultures and countries; international experience strongly preferred
•. Have experience in curriculum development and wellness programming a plus
We do not require that counselors live in the same countries as our reporters. We are seeking individuals who have both the language skills and cultural competencies necessary to authentically engage with and serve our reporters.
Clinicians must have fluency in one or more of the following languages:
• Haitian Creole
Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by January 25, 2021. In your cover letter, please describe how your past professional experiences would be an asset to the Global Press Wellness Network. Select applicants will move through a three-phase process that includes:
• Phone Screen
• Credential Verification and Reference Check
• Extended Interview
All emails should include the subject line Global Press Wellness Network
Photo at top by Prudence Phiri, Global Press Journal Zambia